Hooray! It’s time to officially kick off the summer season! While you’re enjoying warm, sunny days and entertaining friends and family for cookouts and parties, watch out for these potential hazards to keep your floors looking great all summer long!
What to watch for:
- Pool water belongs poolside and not puddling on your Armstrong floor. Make sure pool users dry off thoroughly before coming into the house. Walk-off mats are also a good idea to keep floors dry and your family safe from any potential slips or falls.
- Whether you’re adding ice to your favorite drink or filling a cooler, ice doesn’t stay in solid form for long during the dog days of summer. Keep an eye out for stray ice cubes melting on your floor and wipe away any spills.
- Fido is going to be lapping up more water this summer. Make sure you keep the water bowl full and use a towel underneath to catch any splashes.
- Look out for the “barefoot bandit”. You know that person who likes to walk everywhere in the summer without shoes and then track mud, dirt and other yard debris inside. Make sure they know to wipe their feet.
- Ketchup, mustard, and other picnic condiments are used more over the summer season than any other time of the year. Armstrong floors are highly stain-resistant, but take the extra precaution of wiping up any spills immediately.
- During the summer season, we often take lots of items from our refrigerators and cabinets outdoors. Don’t try to take too much in one trip. Aunt Mary will be a lot happier if her famous potato salad winds up on the picnic table and not on your floor.
- With summer comes thunderstorms. Make sure to shut all your windows so you don’t have rain pouring on your beautiful floor!